With the widespread use of the Internet today in all areas of life, security issues are becoming more important. Technological advances have been both actively and negatively used to improve websites and businesses, as well as to destroy them. The negative impact of this technology can be observed in the case of hacking attacks on websites or reporting malware attacks. While it’s not possible to fully protect your site from such attacks, you must follow the steps of the site owner to ensure that your site invests. Here are some basic tips that will help protect your site from hackers (certified ethical hacker courses) and malicious attacks if you follow these tips:
Websites are designed by many in digital world to market their product and services to various customers across the world. However, the content on the website are prone to attack from several sources that may disable the working of website.
- Virus protection: Good virus protection is critical to ensuring the complete security of your website. This can be done by installing a good antivirus program on your PC to prevent virus attacks on your website. It is important to choose an antivirus program that addresses malware issues.
- Choose an alphanumeric password: Second, it’s important to constantly change or change the FTP password. While this may be a relatively trivial but boring task for many people, it will definitely guarantee the complete security of your site. It’s important to remember that your password should be as long as you are allowed and should contain a healthy mix of correctly mixed numbers and letters. Do not use common dates such as birthdays, anniversaries, or names when setting passwords because they are vulnerable to hacking. It is very important to protect your database with a password in the same way. However, if you still don’t know how to proceed, you can request an ethical hacker’s (certified ethical hacker courses) service to help you find vulnerabilities on your site and overcome them.
- Use the appropriate security patches: The next step is to ensure that security patches are updated because their lack will result in the penetration of Trojan horses and other similar viruses. When hosting your website using a web hosting package, it is important to ensure that the hosting company ensures that the server patches are up to date. It is important to download and install the latest patches available for the websites and software you use. If you don’t use the current patch, your website and system will be vulnerable to malicious viruses because some viruses can easily span existing software and require new patches to block them.
- Note file server permissions: File server permissions must be configured so that you do not allow indiscriminate access to your site and know what content is being downloaded or downloaded. Just like your home, it’s important to keep the site open, especially if you don’t want unsolicited lists to damage your site.
- Use Google Webmasters: By logging into a Google Webmaster account, you can receive any hacker notifications immediately, which helps you identify future actions in the event of a problem. This is free and can help you manage your hacking issues without wasting time.
- Regular backups: Finally, be sure to back up your hardware regularly, either manually or with the help of your web hosting company. Backing up your information and websites regularly is critical because it makes it easy for you to recover your site, and there are no complications in the event of a malicious attack, resulting in complete loss of information.
Therefore, please use these steps to protect your website’s investment.